FALL 2020 College VIRTUAL Application and Online Essay Submissions!
Our virtual Seminars will mimic face-to-face, in-person sessions. We will be keeping the groups small and using a tool that will allow students to enter “virtual” rooms for one-on-one feedback on essay topics.
Our biggest strength as educators is our ability to build relationships and connect with our students. We are working hard on creating, and we are confident that we can provide the same engaging, productive, and personalized experience that lives up to our reputation and standards.
The College Application and Essay Seminar is a two hour, interactive seminar focusing on the tools and skills necessary for applying to college & writing the college essay. Students will walk away with:
- strategies to approach the admissions audience in the application and essay
- tips to finding an appropriate approach to the prompts
- tools to finding and showcasing a student’s best qualities
- sophisticated understanding of the approaches to writing the Common Application, Non-Common Application, and Supplement essays
And most importantly, your students will leave our seminar with specific, individualized guidance on topic ideas and a plan to approach a first draft of a Common Application essay (or when necessary a Non-Common Application essay). The guidance we give your students will be tailored to each students’ desired list of colleges.
ONLINE ESSAY SUBMISSION INCLUDES:
3 readings of a Common Application essay OR up to 650 words of supplements. These readings will include:
- Electronic (using Google Docs) feedback from two different expert instructors.
- Guidance in the drafting process.
After attending the Seminar, students follow this process:
- Send a rough draft to email@example.com
- Within a week, students will receive specific and directive commentary from expert instructors
- Once students receive feedback, they will have one week to make revisions and re-send their revised writing.
- Feedback Round Two: will repeat steps 2 and 3.
- Feedback Round Three: will consist of the student correcting and making final changes and will allow the experts to make sure the essay or supplement is within word limits and free from grammar mistakes.
August 16, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
September 13, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Need a different date that works with your schedule? Special date/time requests for groups of 7 or more. Contact us for details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
OUR EXPERIENCE IS:
Personal: We DO NOT have a one-size-fits all approach. Our sessions are personalized to the needs of each student while providing them with the most current and relevant advice from admissions officers.
Authentic: All of our sessions center on helping our students find their unique selves. We help them find a unique lens on their life experiences. Through this experience our students grow far beyond the boundaries of the college application process.
Connected: We strive to make a personal connection with our students. We have built successful teaching careers by committing to knowing our students first. We strive to build relationships with students that will allow them to reach their full potential.
Professional: Courses are taught by current, award-winning, College Board approved AP Language and Composition teachers with more than 15 years college admissions experience. This expertise helps translates to us to help students craft unique essays and applications that stand out among the crowd of thousands.
We have worked with over 500 students and would be happy to put them in contact with you. Our references include: parents, guidance counselors and students.