College Application and Essay Bootcamps (includes ALL of the following):
- Teaching Seminar:includes what colleges look for in applicants, current admissions trends, writing skills that help shape your unique voice, successful college essay samples, individualized essay topic selection and essay approaches. Specific description below.
- College Application:guided work in your application with specific techniques for completing the often “overlooked” sections that will help a student stand out.
- Personal Essay: a polished, 650 word personal essay produced in a writing workshop atmosphere featuring one-on-one conferencing and feedback. Specific description below.
- College Writing Supplements: receive a Supplement Tip Sheet and examples that will help you write any supplements or scholarship essays you may have to write throughout the college application process.
NOTE: Courses are taught by current, award-winning, College Board approved AP Language and Composition teachers with more than 15 years college admissions experience.
Seminar Description (1 day before bootcamps):
This College Essay Seminar is a two hour, interactive seminar focusing on the tools and skills necessary for completing the college application and writing the college essay. Students will walk away with:
- strategies to approach the admissions audience
- tips to finding an appropriate prompt
- tools to finding and showcasing their best qualities
- sophisticated understanding of the approaches to writing the Common Application, Non Common Application, and Supplement essays
And most importantly, your students will leave our seminar with specific, individualized guidance on topic ideas and a plan to approach a first draft of a Personal Essay for the Common Application
Bootcamp Description (4 days following the seminar):
- Writing Workshop (6 contact hours, broken in three or four sessions) that include:
- Daily and one-on-one conferences with instructors featuring both content development and writing style feedback
- Guidance during the writing process, from outlining and drafting to a final, polished college essay.
- Peering-writing: small group atmosphere where students are motivated by peers that share the same end goals. For example, students applying to Ohio State University will have a chance to process through questions, struggles and successes.
- We guarantee a final, polished 650 words: either Common App, Non-Common App, or Supplements that add up to 650 words. For additional guaranteed word counts, another bootcamp session can be booked.
And most importantly, your students will leave our seminar with specific, individualized guidance on topic ideas and a plan to approach a first draft of a Common App essay (or when necessary a Non-Common App essay). The guidance we give your students will be tailored to each students’ desired list of colleges.
- May 28, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- July 7, 2019 from 2:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
- July 14, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- NEW DATE: August 26, 2019 from 2:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
- May 29, 2019 — May 31, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. — 11:00 a.m.
- May 29, 2019 — May 31, 2019 from 11:30 a.m. — 1:30 p.m.
- May 29, 2019 — May 31, 2019 from 5:30 p.m. — 7:30 p.m.
- July 8, 2019 — July 11, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. — 10:30 a.m.
- July 8, 2019 — July 11, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. — 12:30 p.m.
- July 15, 2019 — July 18, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. — 10:30 a.m
- NEW DATE: August 26, 2019 — August 29, 2019 from 2:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Don’t see a date that works with your schedule? We can arrange special requests for groups of 5 or more. Contact us for details: email@example.com.
College Application and Essay Bootcamp Pricing: