Our most popular course package. Seminar + Bootcamp includes ALL of the following:
- Teaching Seminar: writing skills, college essay samples, individualized essay topic guidance and approaches. Specific description below.
- Bootcamp: a polished, 650 word personal essay produced in a writing workshop atmosphere featuring one-on-one conferencing and feedback. Specific description below.
- Activities: explicit directions on how to write the activities section of the Common Application; we will write at least TWO together
- Writing Supplements: receive a Supplement Tip Sheet and examples that will help you write any supplements or scholarship essays you may have to write throughout the college application process.
- Common Application: a review of your ENTIRE Common Application before you submit.
This package is designed to allow students to craft and complete their college essays. In addition to gaining writing skills that will carry them through college, students will gain the intangible knowledge of how to present their “best” selves not only to admissions officers but future scholarship committees and employers. These courses allow students to have more “face-time” with instructors and provide the most direct feedback. The Boot Camps also provide the structure and accountability that students need to complete a an essay in the summer. This package includes:
- One Seminar: this is a two hour teaching session that provides the foundational tools and skills to write a successful college essay. See above Seminar description for more details.
- Writing Workshop (6 contact hours, broken in three or four sessions) that include:
- Daily and one-on-one conferences with instructors featuring both content development and writing style feedback
- Guidance during the writing process, from outlining and drafting to a final, polished college essay.
- Peering-writing: small group atmosphere where students are motivated by peers that share the same end goals. For example, students applying to Ohio State University will have a chance to process through questions, struggles and successes.
- We guarantee a final, polished 650 words: either Common App, Non-Common App, or Supplements that add up to 650 words. For additional guarantee word counts, another bootcamp session can be booked.
And most importantly, your students will leave our seminar with specific, individualized guidance on topic ideas and a plan to approach a first draft of a Common App essay (or when necessary a Non-Common App essay). The guidance we give your students will be tailored to each students’ desired list of colleges.
- Seminar: July 8, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Seminar: July 15, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Seminar: August 20, 2018 from 2:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
- Bootcamp: July 9, 2018 — July 12, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. — 10:30 a.m. FULL
- Bootcamp: July 9, 2018 — July 12, 2018 from 11:00 a.m.— 12:30 p.m. ONLY TWO SPOTS AVAILABLE
- Bootcamp: July 16, 2018 — July 19, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. — 10:30 a.m.
- Bootcamp: July 16, 2018 — July 19, 2018 from 11:00 a.m. — 12:30 p.m.
- Bootcamp: August 21, 2018 — August 23, 2018 from 2:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Seminar + Bootcamp Pricing